Friday, September 19, 2008

Blooming orchid

I just noticed this morning that the orchid I have in the terrarium on my desk is blooming! This is only the third time it has bloomed in about 9 years.



At one time I could have told you what variety this is, but I haven't a clue anymore. Someone out there may recognize it. It is one of the minature varieties of orchids. Usually there are blooms all the way around making a tiny umbrella of blooms. This one has a few missing. It hasn't been looking it's best in a while, that's why I'm so surprised to see it blooming.

I've received a blog award!! How cool!



Thanks Claudia! I'd nominate you too!

Of course, there are rules attached to the award:

1. Post this award on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least 4 other bloggers, and add their links as well.
4. Leave a comment at the new recipients' blogs, so they can pass it on.

I am nominating HockeyMom (Sandy), PlazaJen , ChickenGoddess (Alma) and KnitWitch (Brittany).

I'm looking forward to a trip to Texas in a couple of weeks to spend time with family and to attend my sister's wedding. I just hope that the gas prices will have come back down somewhat by the time we leave. I averaged 42mpg going to Iowa, so it's not too much of a price difference, but every extra dollar counts on a trip.



Thank you to everyone who left comments and condolences concerning my grandmother and most recently our dog Emily. It's been a rough few weeks, but sometimes life just isn't what we would like to see and we have to work at it from day to day. I know having good friends and family around me to spend time with, to laugh with and sometimes even cry is what keeps me going.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Doug! I will try to get my awards handed out this weekend; if not, when I get back from NYC - what a nice award and a kind comment from you, to boot. You made my day!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot!!!! I won!!!! I'll definitely be passing it along! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete