Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Of course... now that I've put a plug on my blog for Fabulon, they are asking for money. I wasn't trying to promote them for the money, I just thought it was a fun blog and wanted to share the experience. Still fun to read even though they won't be posting as often. How dare they hold out on us until we pay the ransom. Give us a little taste and then hold out until we need another fix... not really, I'm just bummed out that I found out about it so late in the game. I'll probably be sending them some money anyway by way of purchasing something from the boutique. I'm a sucker for the kitschy stuff. I hope it works out for them and we get the chance to enjoy the blog for many years to come. There's never a shortage of fabulous, fun and tacky stuff out there! Best of luck guys!

I'm still plugging away on the Uncle Argyle Scarf from Son of Stitch N Bitch. There are still a few of us in the knit along that didn't wienie out on the challenge. You know who you are. ;) I've also started a sweater this week using Rowan Scottish Tweed DK in grey. I'm using a pattern from the Fall 2004 Interweave Knits, Rhapsody in Tweed by Kathy Zimmerman. I'm going to alter the sleeves and make it a saddle shoulder. Thanks Steve for the idea! Maybe I'll have two sweaters done before SAFF this year in order to have one to wear each day. My own little mission possible. I joined the Mission Possible group and then decided afterward when trying to come up with a list that I just don't need to load myself down with any addition pressure to get something done.. I have enough stress and pressure in my life to deal with right now. I just want the knitting to be a safe and comfortable haven to relax and unwind without any addition pressure to get it finished. I really like the concept of it though. Great way to motivate yourself to get out those U.F.O.'s or stash that has been hibernating a little too long. Maybe I'll join in for Mission Possible 2009.

The Mountain retreat for the Atlanta Knitting Guild is just two weeks away and I'm ready for a week away from work. I plan to have at least three projects to take along to work on while there. We were hoping to have 5 guys at the retreat this year, but unfortunately the newest recruit wasn't able to make it, so it will be the same four guys in the testosterone cabin this year. Semper Fiber!

3 comments:

  1. You're only taking 3? 3? You might want to take a 4th project for safety reasons. You never know!

    Thanks for the soup! It made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding - 3 projects seems like not enough for a week! Dang, maybe we can make the retreat next year - hubby would love to come and that would make one more in the testosterone tent!!!! Hee hee hee......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a wienie and I am proud of it. I am knitting argyle socks instead, so there! ;-) Love your tweed sweater. You need to post a picture!

    ReplyDelete