Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ravelympics comes to an end

I finished my Muir shawl today while knitting at Knitch. This was my project for the Ravelympics this year. It still needs to be blocked and I'll probably do that next weekend.





I enjoyed knitting this shawl. The pattern isn't too difficult and easy to follow. I can't wait to see what blocking will do for it. It is so soft and light as a feather. I think my sister will be very pleased with the results. :)

I got my scarf from the Men Who Knit scarf exchange a week or so ago. It's beautiful and knit with my favorite yarn! Noro of course! My mystery knitter (Gary aka GaryHRX) also sent me a great handmade wooden tic tac toe game, some fun and quirky cookbooks and also some knitting patterns including Lopi patterns. Thank you so much Gary. You did a great job on the scarf and also for the great extras too!!



Michael is headed to Mobile tomorrow to visit with his son Nick who is moving to New York next Thursday. Nick is an amazing and incredibly articulate young man. He has been a very outspoken advocate for the rights of the disabled in this country and Alabama. I know Michael is terribly worried about the move and excited for him at the same time. Nick has been seeking a place to strike out on his own and find some independence of his own for quite a while. If you have time and are interested in his story, just click on his name above.
Michael will stay in Mobile to care for his younger son Jamie (who is also ventilator dependent with MS) while mom travels with Nick to New York to get him situated. Please send Michael, Nick and the rest of the family your good thoughts while in this major transition and the changes they will endure over the next few weeks. I expect Michael will most likely return home emotionally and physically exhausted.

Yesterday I was talking with friends about our 17 year old Lhasa Apso Emily and they had never seen a picture. Here she is modeling a sweater I made for her a few years ago.



I'm off to watch the closing ceremonies of the Olympics now.

4 comments:

  1. Good vibed to Michael and his sons! I'll be thinking of them this week. Your dog is so cute - thanks for sharing. And I hope you realize that you are soooooo very lucky that the girls at Knitch did not mug you yesterday. Your sister is one lucky gal to get your Muir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you, Michael & his boys.
    Your shawl is SO beauteous. A very lucky sister, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the shawl is fantastic, well done

    I am sending good thoughts to Michael and his family.

    I greatly admire parents to take care of disabled children

    ReplyDelete
  4. that should read>>>parents who take care of disabled children

    ReplyDelete