Sunday, June 1, 2008

As the spinning wheel turns

The urge to buy a spinning wheel has reached a new, and louder pitch. Melissa brought her wheel to Knitch on Friday for Steve to try out. He is looking to buy a wheel too. I think we are probably egging each other on to a purchase just a little too. There is going to be a (SQUEEEEE) in the near future, I have a feeling. After watching Steve spin for a couple of hours, I went home Friday night and dreamt of spinning all night long. I think when you dream about something through an entire night, it may mean you are a little obsessed and there is just no fighting the urge anymore. There are just too many choices out there. It's hard to choose when there are so many great wheels available. The front runner for me is still the Kromski Sonata for all it's versatility. Steve directed me to look at the SpinOlution Mach1 , which is a beautiful wheel and appeals to the 'architecture' side of me. I'd love to be able to try one first to see what it's like. The one big downside for me is I really want to be able to use a WooleeWinder and it's not available for that wheel. My best intention, at the moment, is to save my money and hopefully find a wheel at SAFF and hopefully at a great price!


The Muir Shawl is coming along. I'm on the 7th repeat and it's going much faster now that I'm use to the pattern.



This is really going to be light as a feather when it's done.

1 comment:

  1. Muir is absolutely beautiful! The color is terrific, and that open lacework pattern is so pretty. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete