Thursday, March 6, 2008

Have you ever...

Have you ever had one of those days where everything seems to be working against you? You have you arms full of stuff leaving for work and knock a basket full of small decorative wooden eggs off the shelf on your way out the door, to the cat's delight... You spill your coffee on the way to the car... The stop lights are in collusion to stop you at every possible intersection... you get to within a couple of inches of finishing a project (dad's socks) and **SNAP** one of your expensive walnut double points has given up the fight. Maybe I was just gripping them a little tighter than I should. Could it be a sign that my stress level is still a little high? Maybe I should be working on metal double points until my blood pressure comes down again. I glued the offending devil's toothpick and hope it will get me to the end, otherwise I'll have to *GASP* use a circular! (Those of you who know me know how desperate I must be to even suggest it.)

Will the needle hold out till the bitter end, or will is dash all my hopes of my completing the socks today...
Only the needle knows...

Stay tuned for the next episode of "Doug's Difficult Day and the Perils of the Devil's Toothpicks"

No comments:

Post a Comment