Friday, February 8, 2008

Scarf Attack

I've got two scarves in the works and will probably finish them both at the mountain next weekend. The Uncle Argyle Scarf is doubleknit so it goes slowly.




I've enjoyed the surprise of when the colors change and the combinations. I bet this would look good with Noro too. Hmmm...

The other scarf is the "My So Called Scarf" from the knit-along with the MenWhoKnit group. I'm enjoying the Manos a lot. It's very soft and easy to knit with. The pattern is easy to learn and once you have it down it's a great no brainer knit.





I bought a skein of Toasty sock yarn last night at the guild meeting to participate in a sock contest being held by Needle Nook. The color is called "Caviar and Creme Fraiche". The contest is to design an original sock pattern and the winners will get more Toasty sock yarn and a copy of all the patterns submitted. To win more yarn would be great, but getting the patterns at the end is a great prize in itself. I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night and was lying there thinking of pattern ideas for about an hour. I think I may have had a little too much caffeine yesterday.



I'm planning to start a pair of socks for my dad at the mountain using Toasty sock yarn too. I bought a brown colorway, but I don't remember the name. I know she has one called "Nutella", but I'm not sure that's the one I got. I love the names she gives them (all food names).

7 more days till we head to the mountain!! tick... tick... tick...

1 comment:

  1. Love the Uncle Argyle scarf - you are really the master double-knitter! Awesome!!! The clock is ticking - 2.5 more days. :-) I have a skein of Nutella - yummy browns...

    ReplyDelete