Monday, August 20, 2007

lace, lace, lace....

It was lace fever at Knitch yesterday. A regular buying frenzy all around me. I was tempted by the new Alpaca lace yarn they had, but I didn't give in. I'm saving my yarn budget for SAFF. Instead, I went home and started digging through the stash and found four bags of lace weight yarn that is waiting for stardom. I then went through Victorian Lace Today and chose another shawl to start. I'm supposed to be picking up Michael's sweater and the desire/excitement of a new project is almost overwhelming. I don't think this is unfamiliar to most knitters.

My sweet hubby cleared out the 'library' room downstairs this morning so I would have a space big enough to block the shawl, which I finished last night! WOOHOO! After having to tink three times while trying to finish the knitting at Knitch yesterday. I was getting excited about finishing and my mind was already wandering on what I want to knit next and how I'm going to block this one and where will I find the space to block.... I managed to just let my hands take over and knit what they wanted and of course they weren't at all concerned about the pattern!? I decided to wait and do the grafting when I got home. (Where I could get lots of help from the kitties.. What's that? Can I help you with this loose end? I just love this cushy board you get out for us to lay on!) They of course think the blocking board is one big cat bed. I like to pin things on the blocking board before I start to graft so the stitches don't run. Bob has a real thing for my blocking pins too. I have to constantly check on a piece I've blocked making sure he hasn't pulled out the pins. It's only the colored glass head pins that he likes.

I went to the eye doctor this morning for a checkup and was having a real fun time trying to knit with my eyes dilated. Luckily, I'm extremely near sighted and can still see a little without my glasses. That said, I haven't seen what my knitting looks like from this morning yet, it could be a nightmare. Next time I will take something on larger needles to work on. Socks on size 2, with dark yarn wasn't the best scenario.

It's off to newsletter land again when I get home tonight. I've gotten a little behind schedule so it's crunch time.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what the fully-blocked shawl looks like!

    Good to see you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe of lace knitters.. I just don't have the patience for all of those tiny stitches quite yet. I can't wait to see your shawl!
    Welcome to knit-blogging! I believe that I met you one night at the Five Forks library SNB group...

    ReplyDelete